Terms and Conditions
The use of our services is covered in the sections below. You understand and accept and agree that any / or all use of our service(s) is expressly under our terms set out in the sections below.
Please ensure that you have read through our terms and conditions before sending us your items to recycle.
- The agreement between you and CTR Europe is formed when you donate or submit your items for buyback/recycling.
- CTR Europe is registered in the UK
- You must be the legal owner or have the permission of the owner to recycle your items with CTR Europe.
- You must be over 18 years of age; if you are under 18 you must have obtained your parents or guardians permission before submitting your items for buyback/recycling, and your parents/ guardians release CTR Europe of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send items to us in breach of this warranty.
- Once we have received your item (s) checked them and registered any payment to you or your chosen charity, then the ownership of the items passes immediately and irrevocably to us.
Valuation | Donation
- You expressly understand that when donating or selling your items, the sale value or donation valuation (s) are made by the aforementioned company/organization or individual. Valuation of items is at CTR Europe’s sole discretion and is subject to items passing our quality checks.
- Items are accepted under the complete and total understanding that CTR Europe are processing only the hardware and accept no responsibility whatsoever for any agreement, license, contract which may be held in conjunction with the item or any data held within the item(s)
- You also accept that CTR Europe will not be able to return any item(s) sold or donated for recycling*. You also accept that it is your responsibility to remove any data and SIM card prior to collection unless a prior agreement has been made and confirmed in writing.
- *Corporate mobile telephones may be returned if a reasonable price cannot be met.
- You understand, agree and accept that once your items are in TRANSIT they will be processed by our quality assessment team when they reach us and you are unable to cancel the process.
- Upon inspection, should we find any items to be counterfeit, fake, imitation, an illegal copy or non original/ Remanufactured/compatible product we will dispose of them at our sole discretion. Such counterfeit items shall not attract a value, will not be returned and may be reported to the relevant authority.
All technical products sent to us are checked by our quality control team. If your item(s) fail our quality assessment it may affect the donation or sale value.
Condition Specifications for Technical Items
iphone | ipad | ipod | MacBook | Apple | Mac Mini | Laptops | Games Consoles| Telephone systems
Working| fully functional, complete and in working order. Casings, camera(s) buttons and screens are in good working order | Charges | normal wear and tear.
Poor | Powers up | Functional |Faulty Buttons | Heavy wear and tear | Broken lens | Port Damage |Pin Locked
Faulty/BER | Does not power up | Damaged charge port | Water Damaged | Smashed Screen | Cracked/ Visual damage
Not Accepted | Registered lost or stolen property.
Payment methods available to you are bank transfer (BACS) or cheque. If you have selected to donate the proceeds of your donation to a named charity a cheque will be made payable to your chosen charity and sent for the donator’s attention.
Once you have selected a method of payment for this particular payment it is not changeable. Your contact will send you a payment request form and ask you to confirm your preferred payment method and to whom. All payments include VAT at the current UK rate unless a donation is being made.
You understand and accept that CTR Europe cannot be held responsible for any delays in payment due to third parties that we do not/ cannot have any control.
CTR Europe is a committed Zero Landfill company and will ensure that all equipment is processed in line with WEEE legislation and hold all relevant licenses and permits.*These can be found on our website for your interest.
Equipment which is determined by CTR Europe to be unsuitable for reuse and recycling will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way through CTR Europe appointed licensed waste processing companies.
CTR Europe accept the full environmental responsibility for all equipment sold / transferred or donated to us. A waste transfer note which will be sent to you after your collection has been made.
CTR Europe will report and liaise as required with the Environment agency to comply with the latest WEEE reporting.
CTR Europe will conduct and supply a service in accordance with good industry practice and act with reasonable diligence, care and skill to our best ability, knowledge and expertise, and in line with WEEE (waste electrical electronic equipment) legislation.
These terms constitute the contract between CTR Europe and the customer, and are deemed to be accepted by the customer by virtue of the request to process the equipment.
No variation or amendment of this agreement shall be valid unless committed to in writing and signed on behalf of the customer and CTR Europe.
Law and legal compliance
This agreement shall be governed by and constructed with English Law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The headings are for reference only, and no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of each section.